Where businesses used to keep cabinets full of physical documents and records, the introduction of the cloud in the digital age has created a shift in how organizations store their information. Rather than housing large, bulky filing cabinets full of physical files in their offices, organizations in Riverside and throughout the globe don’t need to house files onsite. They don't even need large amounts on onsite server space.
What is the Cloud?
A simple concept, the cloud is a system of offsite servers that individuals and businesses use to store their digital files and media. The servers are managed by a hosting company and individuals and organizations buy or rent digital space from them.
The cloud is used by nearly everyone, for a variety of purposes. An individual may use cloud storage to store their photos and music, rather than storing that information on their phone. A business may use the cloud to store essential documents and data.
In the end it's the hosting company that is responsible for the upkeep of the servers and ensuring that their users have access to their stored information.
How Has the Cloud Changed the Way Business is Done in Riverside?
The cloud has greatly shifted the way companies do business in Riverside and beyond. Here are just a few of the benefits available to cloud storage users:
- Scalability: you only pay for the amount of storage you use
- Remote access: anyone in the company can log in and access information from anywhere
- Easy file sharing: one document hosted offsite can be accessed by anyone granted
- Natural disaster protection: servers are kept secure and backed up
- Reduced power/maintenance costs: you don’t have to pay for server maintenance or energy use
- Increased security: hosting companies take extreme measures to keep all data secure
Get Free Quotes on Cloud Storage Services for Your Southern California Organization
If you are interested in getting cloud storage services for your Riverside organization, we’ll help you get started. Call us at (951) 231-1946 or fill out the form on the left and we’ll help you find a safe, affordable solution for your digital storage needs.